Saturday, December 10, 2011

Green Bean Casserole

This year at Thanksgiving at my Grandma's I got asked to make the green bean casserole. I had no clue how to make this but everyone said it was very simple.
A girl I work with gave me her recipe she uses every year that is a big hit. So I decided to try this out. And it turned out to be great! :)

Green Bean Casserole
Ingredients:

  • 3 cans french style green beans (Drained
  • 1 can cream of mushroom soup
  • 1 can French's dried onions
  • 1 1/2 packages saltine crackers (Crushed)
  • 1 small thing of Velveeta cheese (Sliced)
  • Butter
Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
  2. Mix the green beans and cream of mushroom soup together. Layer in a baking pan then layer with slices of Velveeta cheese.
  3. In a bag crush the saltine crackers
  4. In small pan/cup melt butter. I prolly used about 1/2 cup. You need just enough to cover the saltine crackers. Pour butter into baggie with crackers and mix together.
  5. Spread the crackers over the green beans and cheese.
  6. Bake for 30 mins and then cover with dried onions and bake another 5 mins or until brown..
Sorry I didn't get a chance to snap a picture of this done. I was in a hurry trying to get out the door.
Next time I will have one! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment