Thursday, July 12, 2012

Exercising

As part of my 2012 goals, I wanted to get back to working out more. I was doing really good about working out weekly at the beginning of the year, but in the past few months I haven't done so good. I feel like with us being so busy with buying our first house I just have been over looking working out. I know that shouldn't be an excuse but I'm using it. LOL.
A while back I was talking to Shane about maybe getting a bicycle and ride that for more exercise, and since he has a bike we could ride together so we both are getting some exercise in a few times a week.
It's been so hot here the past month or so that I can hardly stand to be outside so I haven't been walking or doing much of anything exercise wise. I'm actually not beating myself up as much as I thought I would, and that's only because we have been eating better so that makes me feel good. At least I'm sticking to one part of my goal eating better.
I asked my cousin if I could borrow her bike for a while to see if riding would even be something I like before heading out and buying something that I wouldn't use. First I had to learn out to balance myself again on a bike before I could just take off and go. I haven't rode a bike in prolly 10 yrs or more. It's crazy! But now I got the hang of it again. LOL. So this week since it's been cooler outside I have started riding her bike around our track where we live.
I have actually been enjoying riding around and it's great exercise for my legs. I forgot how much leg work it takes to ride a bike. I will say I do feel good after I go on my ride and come home. This week I have rode 3 times and 2 of those times I have gotten up early before work to get a ride in. That has been awesome riding in the morning, no one is out and the weather is a little cool so it feels great! So far I have been enjoying riding a bike again but I think I will give it another week to make sure I'm not just liking it b/c it's something new. I think I might continue to get up at least 3 times a week before work and getting a ride it. Hopefully I can stick to this and do it. I have been feeling pretty good in the mornings after a nice little ride.
The one thing I'm not to crazy about is the bike seat I forgot how small they are. LOL. I think I just have to get used to it again but my butt was hurting after riding 2 days in a row. Haha. I think if I do decide to get a bike, I think I will buy a new seat for it.


Wish my luck on my quest of bike riding again! LOL ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment