Friday, November 15, 2013

Fried Chicken

Shane has been telling for awhile now that I need to make fried chicken. I was very unsure about this and never did, LOL. Last week he asked about it again...So, I hopped on Pinterest to see if I could find a good recipe to make fried chicken. It didn't take me long to run across one that sounded very good and pretty easy to make. I sent it to Shane and told him I would give it a try. Monday night we had fried chicken, mashed potatoes and corn for dinner. The friend chicken was so easy to make and didn't take very long either. It turned out to be super delicious! I can't wait to make this again! I did add some more seasonings to our batter then what the recipe called for, I love spices in my life! Haha!


Ingredients:
  • 3 large eggs
  • 1/3 cup water
  • 1 cup hot sauce
  • 2 cups self-raising flour
  • 1 tsp. black pepper
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
  • 1/2 tsp. Cajun seasoning (I added this myself not included in original recipe)
  • 1/2 tsp. Jalapeno seasoning (I added this myself not included in original recipe)
  • A pinch of Habanero seasoning (I added this myself not included in original recipe)
  • 2 chicken breast or how many is needed for your family
***After I made this for just 2 of us this batter made WAY to much for just 2 chicken breast. I would say if you are just making for a small group to cut this in half***

Directions:
  1. Heat oil to 350 degrees. I used an electric skillet.
  2. Prepare chicken by rinsing with cold water and patting dry. Set aside on plate.
  3. In medium bowl, beat eggs with water. Add hot sauce and stir together.
  4. In another bowl, combine flour, pepper, salt, Cajun, jalapeno and habanero seasonings. Mix well.
  5. Dip chicken in egg mixture, then coat well with flour mixture.
  6. Fry chicken in oil till brown and crisp, about 13-14 minutes for dark meat (thighs, wings, legs) and 8-10 minutes for white meat (breasts).
  7. Optional - Preheat over to a warm setting of 200 degrees or less. Prepare a baking sheet topped with a cooling rack. Have this handy to transfer the cooked chicken into the over to keep warm if frying in batches.

No comments:

Post a Comment