Sunday, December 9, 2012

Red Chili

I love red chili and I have been trying for awhile to find a really good recipe to make, we just didn't make it we made White Chili instead. Finally one day I came across a recipe that sounded good but we made some changes to it by adding some stuff we wanted. The first time I made it I was super nervous how it was going to turn out. But I can say this finally hit the spot and we now have our Red Chili Recipe!! It's super good and I can't wait to make it again. :)
 
Ingredients:
  • 1 Ib hamburger
  • 1 can Kidney beans
  • 1 can Chili beans
  • 1 can Black beans
  • 1 can Diced Tomatoes
  • Green Pepper, Diced
  • Jalapeno , Diced
  • (2) 29 oz can Tomato Sauce
  • Tomato Juice (To liking)
  • ½ tsp Cayenne
  • ½ tsp Black Pepper
  • ½ tsp Salt
  • 1 ½ tsp Cumin
  • 1 tsp Chili Powder
  • ½ tsp Garlic Powder
  • ½ tsp Ground Oregano
  • ½ tsp Jalapeno  Pepper
 
Directions:
  1. Brown Hamburger
  2. Add all beans, tomatoes, green pepper, jalapeno, tomato sauce, tomato juice. (I added the tomato juice to my liking of thinness) Mix together.
  3. Add all the seasoning and mix together
  4. Bring to boil
  5. Reduce heat and simmer 1 ½ hours (If using slow cooker set on low and cook 8-10 hours).
 

No comments:

Post a Comment