Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Book: Digital Wedding Photography: Capturing Beautiful Memories

I have decided to give my House of Night Series a little break. I did finish Hunted and it was really good!
I decided this because I need to focus on my wedding book because I have a wedding shoot in October. I need to focus my attention a lot on this book so I can learn lots of new and fun things for the wedding, and if I'm reading my series that WILL NOT happen b/c I love those books and can't put them down. So this week at the store it was very hard for me to not buy the next book in line, but I did it!

A little about the wedding I will be doing....A friend of mine suggested to someone she knows for me to do photography at her daughters wedding. Of course I was very excited when she asked me to do this but I am also very nervous. This will be my first wedding and I hope I do a good job for her. The wedding is in October of this year and I will just being shooting for 2 hours for her. It's a very good start for me to get into shooting wedding photography and I'm sure I will have such a good time. I'm really looking forward to it but again also very nervous.
When I was asked to do this wedding I started searching for a good wedding book to read and get ideas on what to do for wedding photography. The book I finally decided on got really good reviews so I'm looking forwarding to reading it!


Here's an overview of what this book is about.....
This full-color book from acclaimed professional wedding photographer Glen Johnson not only teaches you how to take memorable photos, it also shows you how to start a wedding photography business. Packed with great tips and savvy advice, this new edition helps you set up efficient work flows, choose camera equipment, manipulate images, make impressive presentations, and launch smart, photo-based marketing strategies to build your business. Best of all, it's loaded with new, superb photos that illustrate photography techniques.
  • Shows you how to set up and capture beautiful photos, posed or candid, in all kinds of settings, for weddings and other special events
  • Offers practical marketing strategies for building your own photography business, including how to build a fantastic Web site that attracts clients
  • Covers current camera equipment and accessories, post-shoot digital darkroom techniques, digital editing software, and how to print your images successfully
  • Gives you invaluable insights and tips from the author, who is one of the country's top wedding and special events photographers
Capture better pictures of some of life's most memorable events—and build a successful photography business—with this indispensable guide!

Stay tuned for wedding pictures in October as I shoot and edit them. I'm looking forward to seeing what fun ideas I can do for her special day!

If anyone has any tips or ideas for me for this wedding please feel free to share with me! I need all the help I can to make this a wonderful photo shoot for the bride and groom.


No comments:

Post a Comment