These are the cupcakes Shane and I made my brother for his birthday. The cupcakes and the frosting both were homemade, they were so yummy! I'm really enjoying all this homemade stuff we are making and I love sharing it with everyone. :)
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix all ingredients together until moist and well blended.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes
- Frost with your favorite icing.
- To make a layer cake, double the recipes and put in 2 round cake pans.
- Increase baking time to about 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.