Last month I found this Philly Cheese steak recipe on Pinterest. It sounded so yummy and I was craving a good philly and instead of going out to my favorite philly place we decided to make them at home. I will say I'm really shocked that these came out so yummy and it actually made my craving go away (well at for a few weeks LOL). I did add some more seasonings to the recipe then what it called for but I love all my stuff seasoned now! Instead of buying store hoagie's for the phillies Shane made them homemade and it turned out to be super yummy! We are going to have to make these again soon!
- 1 (12 oz) flank steak, trimmed (We used 2 thin Rib Eye steaks)
- ½ tsp Kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 (5in) Portobello mushrooms caps
- 2 tsp extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 cup thinly sliced onions
- 1 ½ cups thinly sliced green pepper
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- ½ tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp lower-sodium soy sauce
- Cayenne Pepper, to taste
- Paprika, to taste
- Jalapeno Pepper, to taste
- Hoagie Rolls
- Place beef in freezer for 15 minutes. Cut beef across the grain into thin slices. Remove brown gills from the undersides of mushroom caps using a spoon; discard gills. Remove stems; discard. Thinly slice mushroom caps; cut slices in half crosswise.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 teaspoon oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add beef to pan and season while cooking with minced garlic, cayenne, jalapeno pepper and paprika; sauté 2 minutes or until beef loses its pink color, stirring constantly. Remove beef from pan. Add remaining 1 teaspoon oil to pan. Add onion; sauté 3 minutes. Add mushrooms, bell pepper, and garlic; sauté 6 minutes. Return beef to pan; sauté 1 minute or until thoroughly heated and vegetables are tender. Remove from heat. Stir in Worcestershire and soy sauce; keep warm.
- Add meat and veggies to hoagie and cheese and enjoy.