Every week I have been trying to add one new recipe to our menu for dinners. I have so many on Pinterest that I thought I should start trying them! Last night I made this pasta dish and it turned out amazing! We will definitely be having this again!
8 ounces uncooked linguine
1 pound chicken breast strips
1-2 tsp. Cajun seasoning (or to taste)
1 tbsp. olive oil
1 medium red bell pepper, thinly sliced
1 medium yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
8 oz. fresh mushrooms, sliced
1/2 red onion, sliced
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 medium tomatoes, diced
1 cup fat free low sodium chicken broth
1/3 cup skim milk
1 tbsp. flour
3 tbsp. light cream cheese ( I didn't put cream cheese in ours)
Fresh cracked pepper
2 scallions, chopped
Salt to taste
1. Prep all your vegetables.
2. Make a slurry by combining milk, flour and cream cheese. Set aside.
3. Season chicken with Cajun seasoning, garlic powder & salt.
4. Prepare pasta in salted water according to package directions
5. Heat a large heavy nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; spray with cooking spray and add the chicken.
Sauté 5 to 6 minutes or until done, set aside on a plate.
6. Add olive oil to the skillet and reduce to medium; add bell peppers, onions, and garlic to skillet, sauté 3-4 minutes.
7. Add mushrooms and tomatoes and sauté 3-4 more minutes or until vegetables are tender. Season with 1/4 tsp salt, garlic powder and fresh cracked pepper to taste
8. Reduce heat to medium-low; add chicken broth and pour in slurry stirring about 2 minutes
9. Return chicken to skillet; adjust salt and Cajun seasoning to taste, cook another minute or two until hot. I added a little more flour to mine to make it thicker since I didn't use cream cheese.
10. Add linguine; toss well to coat. Top with chopped scallions