Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Chocolate Cake w/ Whipped Frosting

For my brother's birthday I made a chocolate cake with whipped chocolate frosting. It turned out super yummy, a little sweet but very good! The whipped frosting I made this time is by far my favorite!
I made the chocolate cake recipe before but instead of doing a cake I just made cupcakes. I got lots of positive feed back on this cake so that made me feel good! I always get nervous making things from scratch and people not liking them, but this was a success! I look forward to making this cake again and maybe trying a Vanilla frosting and tone down the sweetness. :)



For the Cake
Ingredients:
3 cups flour
2 cup sugar
2 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. salt
2/3 cup cocoa powder
1 cup oil
2 cup water
2 tsp. vanilla extract
2 tbsp. vinegar
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix all ingredients together until moist & well blended
3. Bake 30-35 minutes.
4. Frost with your favorite icing

For the frosting:
Ingredients:
I doubled this recipe just to make sure I had enough to frost the cakes
1 cup heavy cream
1 regular bag of chocolate chips
Directions:
1. Bring cream to almost boil….but don’t boil it
2. In large mixing bowl, pour over the chocolate chips and stir until chips are melted and well blended
3. Cool for 1 hour on counter
4. I let it sit in the fridge overnight then whipped it. I'm sure letting it sit for a couple hours will work too.

No comments:

Post a Comment