For my brother's birthday I made a chocolate cake with whipped chocolate frosting. It turned out super yummy, a little sweet but very good! The whipped frosting I made this time is by far my favorite!
I made the chocolate cake recipe before but instead of doing a cake I just made cupcakes. I got lots of positive feed back on this cake so that made me feel good! I always get nervous making things from scratch and people not liking them, but this was a success! I look forward to making this cake again and maybe trying a Vanilla frosting and tone down the sweetness. :)
For the Cake
3 cups flour
2 cup sugar
2 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. salt
2/3 cup cocoa powder
1 cup oil
2 cup water
2 tsp. vanilla extract
2 tbsp. vinegar
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix all ingredients together until moist & well blended
3. Bake 30-35 minutes.
4. Frost with your favorite icing
For the frosting:
I doubled this recipe just to make sure I had enough to frost the cakes
1 cup heavy cream
1 regular bag of chocolate chips
1. Bring cream to almost boil….but don’t boil it
2. In large mixing bowl, pour over the chocolate chips and stir until chips are melted and well blended
3. Cool for 1 hour on counter
4. I let it sit in the fridge overnight then whipped it. I'm sure letting it sit for a couple hours will work too.