Thursday, January 9, 2014

Spicy Sausage Pasta

I made this for dinner Monday night and it turned out better then what Shane and I both thought. It turned out very tasting and good. We will be trying this again.

I added some seasonings of my own to make it more spicy.

This picture wasn't taken by me this was from Pinterest. When we make this again I will take my own picture to add to our recipe book.

Ingredients:
1 tbsp. olive oil
1 lb. smoked sausage
1.5 cups diced onion
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
1 (10 oz.) can Ro-Tel tomatoes and green chiles, Mild
1/2 cup heavy cream
8 oz. penne pasta
1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper, each
1 cup Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
1/3 cup thinly sliced scallions
1/2 tsp. Cajun Seasoning (Added myself)
1/2 tsp. Jalapeno Seasoning (Added myself)

Directions:
1. Add olive oil to an oven-safe skillet over medium high heat until just smoking. Add sausage and onions and cook until lightly browned, about 4 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
2. Add broth, tomatoes, cream, pasta, salt and pepper and stir. Bring to a boil, cover skillet, and reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer until pasta is tender, about 15 minutes.
3. Remove skillet from heat and stir in 1/2 cup cheese. Top with remaining cheese and sprinkle with scallions. Broil until cheese is melted, spotty brown, and bubbly.

No comments:

Post a Comment