Thursday, August 29, 2013

Funfetti Gooey Bars

This past weekend I was in the mood to bake yet again. So, I went through my desserts on Pinterest and decided to make these little guys.
I did change a couple things in the recipe, nothing major, I used St. Patty's Day sprinkles instead of the colorful ones just to use them up and I also added chocolate chips and white chocolate chips together. These turned out pretty good. They made a bunch so I sent some to work with Shane for his group so we didn't eat them all. :)


Ingredients:
  • 1 box yellow cake mix (I used my own recipe)
  • 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter, softened
  • 1 egg
  • 2/3 cups sprinkles, divided
  • 1/2 cup (from a 14 ox. can) sweetened condensed milk
  • 1 cup white chocolate chips
Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  2. Line 9x9 pan with foil and spray with cooking spray.
  3. Add cake mix, butter and egg to the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment. Mix until a thick dough forms.
  4. Add 1/3 cup sprinkles and stir until incorporated.
  5. Press about 2/3 of the dough into the bottom of the prepared pan.
  6. Sprinkle with white chocolate chips and remaining 1/3 cup sprinkles.
  7. Pour sweetened condensed milked over the top.
  8. Separate the remaining dough into small balls and evenly space over the top of the bars. Press down to flatten.
  9. Bake for about 30 minutes or until they just begin to brown.
  10. Cool completely before slicing.

No comments:

Post a Comment