This past weekend I was in the mood to bake yet again. So, I went through my desserts on Pinterest and decided to make these little guys.
I did change a couple things in the recipe, nothing major, I used St. Patty's Day sprinkles instead of the colorful ones just to use them up and I also added chocolate chips and white chocolate chips together. These turned out pretty good. They made a bunch so I sent some to work with Shane for his group so we didn't eat them all. :)
- 1 box yellow cake mix (I used my own recipe)
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cups sprinkles, divided
- 1/2 cup (from a 14 ox. can) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line 9x9 pan with foil and spray with cooking spray.
- Add cake mix, butter and egg to the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment. Mix until a thick dough forms.
- Add 1/3 cup sprinkles and stir until incorporated.
- Press about 2/3 of the dough into the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Sprinkle with white chocolate chips and remaining 1/3 cup sprinkles.
- Pour sweetened condensed milked over the top.
- Separate the remaining dough into small balls and evenly space over the top of the bars. Press down to flatten.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until they just begin to brown.
- Cool completely before slicing.