A few weeks ago we were having the family over for a BBQ, and I wanted a yummy dessert to make. So, I remembered on Pinterest that I had a smore bar recipe that I wanted to try. What better dessert to have with BBQ then Smores, right?? :)
These turned out AMAZING I do say. They were super yummy and very addicted so watch out if you make them. LOL
· 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
· 1/2 cup butter, melted
· 1/4 cup granulated sugar
· 1/2 tsp. salt
· 2 cups milk chocolate chips
· 14 oz. sweetened condensed milk
· 3/4 cup sugar
· 1/2 cup light corn syrup
· 1/4 cup water
· 1/4 tsp. salt
· 2 egg whites
· 1/4 tsp. cream of tartar
· 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a 9x9 baking with foil. Set aside
- Mix all the ingredients for your crust together and press evenly into pan.
- Bake for 10 mins. Remove from oven and set aside
- Next make your chocolate filling. In medium sauce pan combine chocolate chips & condensed milk together over medium-low heat. Stir until melted. Pour immediately onto crust.
- Combine sugar, corn syrup, water and salt in small sauce pan over medium-high heat. Boil together until a candy thermometer reads 240 degrees.
- While mixture is boiling beat 2 egg whites and cream of tartar together until soft peaks form.
- When syrup is ready, turn mixer onto low & drizzle the syrup along the side of the bowl slowly combining it into the egg whites.
- When all the syrup has been added turn mixer up to medium high & beat for 7-8 mins until thick and glossy. When there is about 1 min left add in the vanilla extract.
- Spread about 1 1/2 -2 cups of the fluff on top of the chocolate layer.
- Turn over onto broil & place pan under for 1 minute or until the top of the marshmallow layer gets lightly golden.
- Cut into squares when ready to serve.
Store bars airtight at room temperature for up to 2 days or refrigerated for up to 5 day.