Monday, August 5, 2013

Weekend Recap

It's Monday again and another weekend has gone. I hope everyone had a good weekend! We had a pretty good weekend, I just wish they could be longer. :)

Friday: After I got off work we went to dinner at our normal Friday night place Fronteras. It's so yummy and a nice way to begin a weekend with yummy food and drinks. :) After dinner we headed back home and hung out on the deck for a little while and had a couple drinks. The rest of the night we just relaxed and watched some TV.

Saturday: We got up Saturday morning and headed out for our weekly grocery shopping. We came home and was getting stuff ready for the brisket Shane was going to smoke. I decided I needed to clean and organize the basement so I did, which didn't take super long, thank goodness. It wasn't super bad but just needed a good touch up. LOL

 After cleaning the basement I decided to check out plane ticket prices for MX. We will be going to Cabo again in October! They had a good deal on tickets so we bought them! I'm so excited for our trip and can't wait to leave! We will be meeting another couple there we meet a few years ago! So excited to see them and hang out for a week!
Shane got the brisket all ready and on the smoker. Doesn't it look yummy! It was very good. We had a friend, my sister and nephew over to hang out and have dinner with us that night.
Lexan and Me, I made him take some pictures with me. When I asked him if he wanted to take a picture he told me "No". LOL well he did it anyways. Isn't he a cutie! I just love him. 


Sunday: We did some chores around the house and relaxed most of the day. Shane got our new picture and candle holders hung up. They look so cute hung above our couch (I will post some pictures later). I just need to buy some candles for the holders and they will be completed. :)
I got a sweet tooth so I decided to bake something yummy. I will post the recipe later. For dinner we had Steak, Cheese & Bacon Potato Rounds, Corn on the Cob and Bread. The Cheese & Bacon potato rounds were a new recipe I tried. They turned out really good (Recipe to follow soon).

That concludes our fulfilled weekend. Now let's hope this work week goes by pretty fast!


No comments:

Post a Comment