Monday, August 12, 2013

Homemade Spaghetti Sauce

A few weeks ago we decided to have spaghetti for dinner....I have been talking about trying to make my own sauce, so I thought yes today I want to give it a try. So, I started looking around to see if I could find a recipe that we both would enjoy. I came across one that sounded pretty good. I followed step by step recipe but then after having it we decided to change up and add some things. The second time around came out prefect! I was very pleased with this sauce and it had good flavor. I think I will continue to make this sauce and maybe add more things as we go along. 

This is the recipe the first time around:
Ingredients:
  • 2 tsp olive oil
  • 1/2 small onion, chopped
  • 2 green onions, chopped
  • 2 tsp crushed garlic
  • 1-28 oz can peeled & diced tomatoes
  • 4 tsps dried basil
  • 4 tsp dried oregano
  • 1 tsp white sugar
This is the recipe the 2nd go around (This is the we added and took stuff away from):
Ingredients:

  • 2 tsp olive oil
  • 1/2 small onion, chopped
  • 2 green onions, chopped
  • 2 tsp crushed garlic
  • 1-14.5 oz can Tomato Sauce
  • 1 tsp dried basil
  • 2 tsp dried oregano
  • 1 tsp Italian Seasoning
  • 1/2 tsp Paprika
  • 1 tsp Garlic Powder
  • 1 tsp white sugar
Directions:
  1. In large sauce pan heat olive oil over medium heat. 
  2. Saute onions, green onions and garlic. 
  3. When onions are clear, stir in the tomato sauce and all the seasonings. 
  4. Bring to boil, reduce heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes. 
This was from the first try at the sauce. It was okay and I just didn't like all the chunky tomatoes in the sauce.
 This was the 2nd try and it turned out great! Looking forward to making this again soon. 



No comments:

Post a Comment