Thursday, August 15, 2013

My Grandpa

I wasn't going to post about my G-pa's surgery but I thought having prays from family and friends would be best for him today

I would like to ask everyone to please say a pray for my Grandpa. He is undergoing Kidney surgery this morning and lots of prays would be much appreciated. 
Here's the story of how this surgery came about.....

On Friday August 1st he went to the ER due to having blood in his urine. It wasn't too bad for them to admit him so they sent him home and told him he needed to make an appointment with an oncologist, but if it got worse to come back. Well, unfortunately Saturday evening it did get worse so he had to go back. This time they did a cat scan and found a tumor on his kidney, so they admitted him to the hospital that night. 
He seen the Dr. finally on Monday and they said they wanted to run some test to make sure he could make it through surgery. My g-pa is 81 yrs old and his heart isn't the strongest, so they needed to some some heart & stress test to determine what the next step would be.By Thursday they decided that they think he can make it through surgery, so they scheduled it and sent him home for a few days till surgery.  

Today is the day for surgery and it's scheduled for 8:00 am. I took the day off so I will be there before he goes in and I will stay till it's over. It's going to be a long day but being there is what I need to do. My mom, sister, brother and Shane will all be there as well.

My grandpa means everything to me and I love him with all my heart. I'm really nervous about the surgery but I'm keeping positive thoughts. 

Please keep him and our family in your thoughts as he is undergoing his surgery today. 

I will post a follow up later on how it went.

This is us the day of my Wedding!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment