A few years ago we were left with the task at Thanksgiving of bringing the cranberries. Well Shane didn't want to just get cranberries and dump them out of a can, so he went on a hunt for a good cranberry sauce recipe. And let me tell you he found the best one! This is requested as a must every year. It's super good. I recommend that everyone try it at least once!
- 5 (3in) Cinnamon sticks
- 8 whole allspice berries
- 8 whole cloves
- 6 cups fresh cranberries (2 bags)
- 2 1/4 cups orange juice
- 4 Gala apples, peeled, cored and diced
- 4 Bosc pears, peeled, cored and diced
- 3 cups white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- Place cinnamon sticks, allspice berries and cloves onto the center of an 8 inch square of cheesecloth. Gather together the edges of the cloth and tie with kitchen twine.
- Place the sachet into large saucepan along with cranberries and orange juice
- Bring to boil over heat and cook until berries burst, about 10mins
- Stir in apples, pears, white sugar and brown sugar. Return to boil then reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until apples and pears are slightly soft, 25mins
- Remove and discard the spice sachet.
- Pour into bowl and over
- Refrigerate overnight
- Serve cold