Shane found this Slow Cooker Stuffing recipe. We decided to make this for the first time this Thanksgiving. We always had the problem in the past where we didn't have enough room in the oven or on the stove to keep everything warm. We thought this slow cooker recipe would be great since it cooks in the crock pot and would free up some space for us to cook other things. It turned out wonderful! I can't wait to make this again.
Slow Cooker Stuffing
- 1 cup butter or margarine
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 12 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 12 cups dry bread cubes
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried sage
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 1/2 cups chicken broth, or as needed
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Melt butter or margarine in a skillet over medium heat. Cook onion, celery, mushroom, and parsley in butter, stirring frequently.
- Spoon cooked vegetables over bread cubes in a very large mixing bowl. Season with poultry seasoning, sage, thyme, marjoram, and salt and pepper. Pour in enough broth to moisten, and mix in eggs. Transfer mixture to slow cooker, and cover.
- Cook on High for 45 minutes, then reduce heat to Low, and cook for 4 to 8 hours.
We had so much cooking to do I didn't have time to take a lot of pictures while making this.
This pictures is when it's completely done and ready to eat!