Friday, December 2, 2011

Thanksgiving

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. We had a good one with lots of yummy food. We spent a lot of time in the kitchen getting ready for Thanksgiving. The night before we had a few errands to run then we came home and we spent about 3 or so hours in the kitchen cooking. Then on Thanksgiving Day we got up early to finish a few things and we spent an hour or so in there that morning. I actually enjoyed being in the kitchen getting stuff ready and all cooked up. I can't wait to have a house and more kitchen space so it will be easier for both of us to cook in the kitchen :)
On Thanksgiving Day we went over to Shane's dads house to help get everything else ready and hang out with the family. His dad had to work till 3pm that day so we didn't eat till he got home, but he came home to a nice cooked meal and just got to sit down and eat.
After his dad's house we had to head over to my Grandma's. I didn't eat much over there due to the fact that I just ate like and hour and half before I got there, but we did have lots of yummy food there too. I did have some desserts over there instead of eating a big meal again. :) I love me some pumpkin pie with lots of cool whip!

Here are the sides that Shane and I made to have at his side of the family. Everything turned out SO good! And of course I ate way too much but it was too good not to enjoy.

Pumpkin Pie they aren't super pretty but sure were yummy!

Cranberries...Love these!

Slow Cooker Stuffing...First time we made this receipt. Turned out great!

Sweet Potato Casserole. First time we made this. Turned out good.

Shane's niece made this soup for us to snack on before dinner. It's looks really gross, right?
 But it was actually not too bad.

The turkey was done by Shannon (Shane's Brother). It came out wonderful!


All the food ready to eat!

The table all set. Isn't it pretty!!

I will try and get the recipes posted soon for all the yummy stuff that we made on Thanksgiving. Everything turned out so yummy. I kinda wish I could more now. HaHa!


No comments:

Post a Comment