This year at Thanksgiving at my Grandma's I got asked to make the green bean casserole. I had no clue how to make this but everyone said it was very simple.
A girl I work with gave me her recipe she uses every year that is a big hit. So I decided to try this out. And it turned out to be great! :)
Green Bean Casserole
- 3 cans french style green beans (Drained
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can French's dried onions
- 1 1/2 packages saltine crackers (Crushed)
- 1 small thing of Velveeta cheese (Sliced)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Mix the green beans and cream of mushroom soup together. Layer in a baking pan then layer with slices of Velveeta cheese.
- In a bag crush the saltine crackers
- In small pan/cup melt butter. I prolly used about 1/2 cup. You need just enough to cover the saltine crackers. Pour butter into baggie with crackers and mix together.
- Spread the crackers over the green beans and cheese.
- Bake for 30 mins and then cover with dried onions and bake another 5 mins or until brown..
Sorry I didn't get a chance to snap a picture of this done. I was in a hurry trying to get out the door.
Next time I will have one! :)