Sweet Potato-Pecan Casserole
- Cooking Spray
- 3 1/2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- Kosher Salt
- 1 tablespoon packed dark brown sugar
- 1/3 cup finely chopped pecans
- Preheat over to 350 degress. Mist 8-inch baking dish with cooking spray
- Bring a few inches of water to boil in a pot with large steamer basket in place. Put the sweet potatoes in the basket, cover and steam unit tender, 20-25 minutes. We didn't have a steamer basket so we just boiled the potatoes and it worked just fine.
- Transfer the potatoes to a bowl and let cool slightly. Add the honey, egg, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, the nutmeg, ginger and 1/2 teaspoon of salt; whip with an electric mixer unitl smooth.
- Spread the sweet potato mixture in the prepared baking dish.
- Mix the brown sugar, pecans, and the remaining 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon in a bowl, sprinkle over the potatoes. Bake unit hot and beginning to brown around the edges, 40-45 minutes.